Are you a Shark Tank viewer? If not, let us give you an overview of the show’s format. Startups come to Shark Tank, pitch their business idea to the sharks, and offer equity in exchange for investment.
Many businesses on the show have the USP of creating customized products for customers across segments. Why are we discussing it? The point we are trying to convey is that most businesses know that the current generation wants customized products. Generic products are no longer in fashion or demand.
If that is the case, why should we be satisfied with a generic mutual fund that is created for millions, a model portfolio that lacks personalization? Why not customize the investment strategy and create a personalized portfolio? To create a customized portfolio, you need a customized investment strategy. If you want to do it, you may need assistance from a top SEBI-registered investment advisor.
Customizing your investment strategy involves tailoring your approach to match your unique financial goals, risk tolerance, and investment horizon. Here are some steps you can take to create a customized investment strategy:
- Define your financial goals: Determine why you are investing, and what you hope to achieve through your investments. Are you investing for retirement, a down payment on a home, or a child’s education? Every goal is different, and depending on the duration, the strategy would change. For example, if you plan to retire after ten years and someone else after 25 years, the strategies would differ in both cases. Your goals will help guide your investment decisions.
- Assess your risk tolerance: How much risk are you comfortable taking? Some people are willing to take on more risk in exchange for potentially higher returns, while others prefer a more conservative approach. Understanding your risk tolerance will help you select appropriate investments. We have always said that investors should not invest money in the market if they don’t know their risk profile. When you download Jarvis Invest, the first thing we do is evaluate your risk profile. You can download our app and find your risk profile.
- Choose your investment vehicles: There are many different types of investments available, including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and exchange-traded funds (ETFs). Consider the pros and cons of each investment type, and select the ones that align with your goals and risk tolerance. For example, if you are investing for retirement and it is 20 years away, there is no point in investing in bonds or fixed deposits. For long-term goals, ETFs and stocks are one of the best options. For short-term goals, the investment vehicle will be different.
- Diversify your portfolio: Spreading your investments across multiple asset classes and sectors can help reduce risk and potentially improve returns. Consider diversifying your portfolio by investing in different types of stocks, bonds, and other assets. Asset allocation is of the utmost importance, and you would need the expertise to create the right asset allocation for yourself. Alternatively, you can opt for a stock advisory company to determine the perfect asset allocation. Please note that the asset allocation will change as your goals and their duration change.
- Monitor and adjust your strategy: Regularly review your investments to ensure they are aligned with your goals and risk tolerance. Make adjustments as needed based on changes in your financial situation or the market. For example, if you have invested in equities and expect 12% returns but fail to get them year after year, you must revisit your portfolio. If the benchmark indices are giving good returns but not your portfolio (for a long period), it is a red alert, and you must do something about it.
Remember, customizing your investment strategy takes time and effort. It’s essential to do your research, consult with a stock advisory company if necessary, and stay disciplined in your approach.
If you need assistance, you can check the Jarvis app and sort your investment – It is an AI-driven app that creates a customized portfolio for investors based on their risk profile and investment horizon. There is a lot more to the app. Download the app once to see how easy it makes investing for you.